The next Strength Matters Boot Camp will be in Oakland, California, on September 28-29, 2017.
Email email@example.com with questions.
Strength Matters Boot Camp is designed to provide an overview of the accounting and financial reporting issues faced by a nonprofit housing enterprise. Accounting professionals working in this field require industry-specific information. The course also offers CPE credit. Examples of topics covered in this course:
- The accounting differences unique to each entity type, such as limited partnerships.
- Funding sources unique to the industry, such as HUD, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other programs. Funding requests from these and commercial sources are examined both in lecture format and through case study.
- Project surplus cash calculations and the loan and regulatory agreements to be considered.
- Using materials published by Strength Matters, participants also focus on financial reporting issues that arise throughout the life cycle of an affordable housing property, from predevelopment through year-15 buyouts and beyond.
Discussion Issue 1: Grants to Nonprofit Sponsors for Real Estate Development
The Strength Matters Financial Professionals group presents the first paper in a new series. The paper discusses financial reporting issues around Grants to Nonprofit Sponsors for Real Estate Development. Separated into two subtopics:
- Accounting for grants received by nonprofit sponsors on behalf of related party real estate development projects, and
- Accounting for notes receivable by a nonprofit sponsor recorded when grant funds are loaned to a related party real estate development project.
Please mark your calendars for the Strength Matters® 10th Annual Meeting to be held September 18-19, 2017* at the Embassy Suites in Denver, Colorado.
This gathering of premier nonprofit and mission-oriented for-profit real estate companies, as well as key investment partners, will mark 10 years of industry transformation, map trendlines that emerged from the unprecedented 2007-2008 financial meltdown, and scan the horizon for opportunities to grow our industry’s leadership in the decade ahead.
*We’ll start at 2 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 18, and end on Tuesday, Sept. 19, at 3 p.m.
Invitations will be sent mid-July, but mark your calendar today.
How to Increase the Clarity & Quality of Your Financial Statement Footnotes
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:00 PM (ET)
Need advice on preparing superior-quality footnotes? This webinar will cover:
Learn more about insights that can help ensure your footnotes don’t become inordinately long, repetitive and difficult to comprehend.
Join us for this webinar presented by Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP Partner Scott Seamands with Allison Adduci of Preservation of Affordable Housing (POAH) and Ingrid Avots of Community Housing Capital.