2022 VIRTUAL SUMMER BOOT CAMP REGISTRATION
The 11-week Strength Matters Boot Camp on Financial Reporting for Rental Housing Nonprofit Enterprises is designed specifically for anyone involved in a LIHTC deal, including the finance, development and asset management staff, as well as the audit and tax public accounting professionals.
The Strength Matters Boot Camp is designed to provide an overview of the accounting and financial reporting issues faced by a nonprofit housing enterprise throughout the lifecycle of an affordable housing deal. The course offers Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit for CPAs.
Course content will provide a broad understanding of a tax credit affordable housing deal, its parties and motivations and on the complexities of accounting and financial reporting requirements of their organizations. As well as its relevance to investors and other capital providers.
This 2022 Virtual Summer Strength Matters Boot Camp will be held weekly on Wednesdays for 90-120 minutes starting each week at 1PM ET/10AM PT from May 18 to Aug. 10 (skipping the Wednesday's following Memorial Day (June 1) and Fourth of July (July 6)).
Space is limited for this virtual course. Detailed course information, including refund and cancellation policies, is available in this course description and CPE summary.
Please note, CPE credits are awarded for verified LIVE participation time only. Sessions will be recorded for asynchronous viewing, but only real-time participation in sessions counts toward CPE credits earned.
Questions about CPEs? Email Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General course or registration questions? Email email@example.com.
OVERALL COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, participants will be able to identify financial reporting issues as they arise and research best practices for the recording and financial reporting of transactions frequently encountered by affordable housing enterprises. The goal is to enable each participant to produce accurate financial reports that are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles applied within this industry.
- May 18: Identify the Deal, Grants & Contributions, Predevelopment Best Practices (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
- May 25: Entity Formation and Deal Structure (1.5 hrs/1.5 CPEs)
---- Bye Week ----
- June 8: Deal Structure, Deal Cycle & Participants, Qualified Allocation Plans, LIHTC calculations and the State Determination Letters (1.5 hrs/1.5 CPEs)
- June 15: Financial Projections, Investor Letters of Intent (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
- June 22: New Construction, Rehab & Funders Requisition (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
- June 29: Cost Certifications & 8609’s (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
---- Bye Week ----
- July 13: Transition to Operations, Key Operating Documents (1.5 hrs/1.5 CPEs)
- July 20: Operations Issues (1.5 hrs/1.5 CPEs)
- July 27: Financial Statement Presentation & Intro to Surplus Cash (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
- Aug. 3: Surplus Cash Case Studies (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
- Aug. 10: Consolidation and Year 15 Issues (2 hrs/2.0 CPEs)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (CPE) CREDITS FOR CPAs
CPE Credits Available: 20
Field of Study: Accounting
Delivery Method: Group Live
Prerequisite: Experience with the accounting of nonprofit rental housing owner or related service provider is helpful but not required.
Advanced Preparation: None