The next Strength Matters Boot Camps will be held in:
- San Francisco – Oct. 16-17, 2019
- Los Angeles – Nov. 14-15, 2019
Email Lindsay (email@example.com) with questions.
Strength Matters Boot Camp is designed to provide an overview of the accounting and financial reporting issues faced by a nonprofit housing enterprise. Accounting professionals working in this field require industry-specific information. The course also offers CPE credit. Examples of topics covered in this course:
- The accounting differences unique to each entity type, such as limited partnerships.
- Funding sources unique to the industry, such as HUD, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other programs. Funding requests from these and commercial sources are examined both in lecture format and through case study.
- Project surplus cash calculations and the loan and regulatory agreements to be considered.
- Using materials published by Strength Matters, participants also focus on financial reporting issues that arise throughout the life cycle of an affordable housing property, from predevelopment through year-15 buyouts and beyond.