Our three paper series for CFOs and controllers who are responsible for reviewing and/or signing tax returns and related forms covers key tax issues to be on the lookout for throughout the typical lifecycle of a LIHTC project.
Organized chronologically the papers assist in providing key topics encountered in the initial, middle and final years of a project, including:
- First tax return filed for a project partnership
- Tax return for the year the project is placed in service
- The tax return for the initial year of the tax credits
- Completion of part II of form 8609
- Monitoring loss allocations and capital account
- Anticipating, avoiding, and addressing loss allocation issues
- Transfer of partnership interest
- Casualty losses
- Final year of tax credits
- The final compliance years
- The year of investor exit
Also check out a webinar covering the initial years and one covering the middle and final years of a LITHC project.